Dr. Phillip Roberts
Dr. Philip Roberts obtained his medical degree from the University of Alabama School of Medicine in Birmingham, Alabama and completed two years of general surgery training at Tulane Medical Center and Charity Hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana. He is board–certified in emergency medicine and has practiced in this field for over 25 years.
Reading Ageless by Suzanne Somers in 2007 sparked Dr. Roberts’s interest, as he was having issues with lack of concentration, focus, and energy. He then had laboratory testing which confirmed that he was low in several hormonal areas. After adding back into his life the bioidentical regime, his therapeutic levels greatly improved, and his symptoms resolved. These events embarked him in a new direction in medicine to try to understand how to retard or prevent the body from aging as rapidly as it does. He began to read extensively, attending Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M) training modules. He has received advanced certification from A4M, in addition to completing a Master’s in Metabolic and Nutrition Medicine from the University of South Florida.
In 2010, Dr. Roberts had the opportunity to work as Medical Director at a hormone replacement clinic in another state, in addition to his work in emergency medicine. He left this clinic to open Balanced Life and Health in Nashville and Franklin, Tennessee.
- Regulate your heartbeat and your breathing
- Put you to sleep at night and wake you in the morning
- Control your blood pressure
- Build bone, maintain muscle tone and lubricate joints
- Govern growth
- Make the body produce energy and heat
- Burn fat
- Govern the menstrual cycle and allow pregnancy (and birth) to occur
- Fight stress, prevent fatigue, calm anxiety and relieve depression
- Maintain the correct level of sugar in the blood and tissues
- Soothe pain
- Control your sex drive, virility and fertility
- Stimulate your brain and your immune system
In a nutshell, hormones are crucial to every single function of the human body. We can’t live without them!
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
The interest in a more natural approach to hormone therapy has focused attention on bioidentical hormones — hormones that are identical in molecular structure to the hormones made in the body. They’re not found in this form in nature but are made, or synthesized, from a plant chemical extracted from yams and soy. BHRT is often called “natural hormone therapy” because bioidentical hormones act in the body just like the hormones we produce.
Because each person responds according to his or her own unique physiology, at Balanced Life and Health we have found the best results when treatment is customized to the individual needs of the patient. It’s also important to understand that while BHRT works well for some, others need more support — or different kinds of support — to get the same relief.
Balanced Life and Health Offers:
- A comprehensive review and analysis of symptoms, medical, family and personal history
- Nutrition and fitness recommendations
- Customized natural hormone balancing for patients
- Recommended evaluations every 3-4 months
- Individualized testing (saliva, urine and/or blood laboratory analysis)
- Referrals to local compounding pharmacies